IMPA Seminar on Maritime Pilots and Pilotage
Member States, NGOs, and IGOs Representatives gathered at the IMO's Main Hall on 1st November 2022 to attend the IMPA Seminar on Maritime Pilots and Pilotage, an educational seminar to highlight the crucial role of maritime pilots within the industry.
Mr Kitack Lim, IMO Secretary General, once again recognised that maritime pilots are vital to ensuring the safety of navigation in key ports and shipping lanes globally and play a crucial role in sustaining the global supply chain, using specialized knowledge and expertise.
The seminar attendance reached over 400 participants, both in person at the IMO headquarters and online, through the IMPA YouTube channel.
- Mr Kitack Lim, Secretary General at IMO
- Capt Simon Pelletier, President at IMPA
- Capt Joost Mulder, Chairman at Dutch Pilots' Corporation
- Dr Edwin R. Kraft, Director of Operations Planning at Transportation Economics & Management Systems, Inc.
- Mr Matthew Williams, Deputy Secretary General at IMPA
View presentations here IMPA IMO Seminar on Maritime Pilots and Pilotage.pdf
Dutch Maritime Pilots video https://youtu.be/PBQSC-e9tWY